----> The Monsoon List - TucsonUnderground <--------------------------------------

        Event:  FIRST FRIDAY SHORTS: MONTHLY SHORT FILM CONTEST
        When:   8/3/2007
        Time:   9:00  pm to 1 am
        Where:  The Loft Cinema
                        3233 East Speedway Blvd
                        Tucson 85716
        Cost:   $5.00 Per Person

----> Event Description <---------------------------------------------------------

Named "Best Local Film Event" by the Tucson Weekly

On the first Friday of each month at 9 p.m. Red Meat’s Max Cannon hosts the biggest and best short film contest in town - just bring us your short films and we’ll play them on the largest movie screen in Southern Arizona. Click here to read reviews of our previous contests

There’s just one catch: the audience gets to vote for their favorites, and if they don’t like your film, it may get "gonged" off the screen; but it’s all in good fun, so sit back, buy some beer and pizza and enjoy your friends’ and neighbors’ cinematic masterpieces. Each month’s winning filmmaker gets a $100 cash prize (sponsored by The Tucson Film Office), and will move on to face 11 other monthly winners in the End of the Year Showdown in May 2008.

In case you haven't been to a contest at The Loft yet, here are the rules: we'll play anything you've made that's under 15 minutes long and is brought to us on a dvd, vhs, or mini-dv (one film per person, dvds must be playable on a regular dvd player). Submissions are only taken on the day of the event and films are played in the order that they arrive. Every film is guaranteed to play for 3 minutes, but after that it can be gonged if the audience so chooses. If the gong is struck the film is stopped and the next film begins. If your film is gonged you can re-work it and bring it back and see if the changess you've made have pleased the audience. This is a great way to try out new things and see what an actual audience responds to, so take advantage. Please note: Since we don't pre-screen the films we don't have any idea what the rating on the show will be. Parents are encouraged to attend the show with their kids.
Admission $5.00

The Loft Cinema
3233 East Speedway Blvd
Tucson 85716