----> The Monsoon List - TucsonUnderground <--------------------------------------

        Event:  WE ARE MAGIC : THE XANADU SING-A-LONG!
        When:   11/17/2007
        Time:   9:00  pm to 1:00 am
        Where:  The Loft Cinema
                        3233 E Speedway Blvd
                        Tucson 85716
        Cost:   Admission: $5.00 / $4.00 for anyone on roller skates!

----> Event Description <---------------------------------------------------------

Presented by  Those Feng Shui Guys.

Lace up your skates and warm up your vocal chords, because the Loft is unleashing a rock-n-roll fantasia we're calling WE ARE MAGIC: THE XANADU SING-A-LONG! Experience all of the musical madness that is XANADU - the greatest roller disco/fantasy/musical of all-time, starring the one-and-only Olivia Newton John as Kira, a totally hot muse from Mount Olympus who skates down to Earth to make all of your dreams come true (not to mention the dreams of The Warrior's Michael Beck and screen dancing legend Gene Kelly). Sing-a-long to all of the wacky 1980 movie's great hits, including Magic, Suddenly, and ELO's I'm Alive (to name just a few), talk back to the screen ("In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree ..."), and dance in the aisles like a disco-fried lunatic. Before the movie, we'll start the fun wheel rolling with a music video salon sing-a-long featuring the hits of Aussie songbird Newton John (make sure you're wearing your rainbow sweatbands when Olivia sweats it out to her 1982 hit Physical, or your "Bad Sandy" spandex for You're the One That I Want, her Grease-y duet with John Travolta), and a booty-shaking Xanadu costume contest. Dress up like your favorite Xanadu character, or come packed into your finest 70s roller disco garb, and hit the Loft stage to the throbbing disco beat. You'll dance, you'll pose, and you might win a prize (and maybe even a few fans, to boot)! If loving XANADU is wrong, we don't wanna be right, and we bet you don't either. So don't miss this very special night of sing-a-long mayhem, and let your inner muse roll. Remember, "You have to believe we are magic..."

The Loft Cinema
3233 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson 85716

TucsonUnderground