testing
> Send montgomery_boats mailing list submissions to
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>       http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of montgomery_boats digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re: Perimeter Trip ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>    2. Hanging question (Thomas Howe)
>    3. Re: Perimeter Trip ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>    4. Re: Genoa for M17 (Eugene Lodrini)
>    5. Fw: Re: M_Boats: lifting ring (Larry Yake)
>    6. Re: Perimeter Trip (Steve R)
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 1
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Perimeter Trip
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:49:25 +0000
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> The Apostle Islands is a spot I've been hankering to try 
> for years.  Keep us posted with your schedule as you go, 
> and if it works out, I'd love to join you there.
> 
> Part of it for me will depend on whether or not I can get 
> my centerboard problem fixed before then.
> 
> --
> Steve McClellan
> M15 #152
> > Having just retired in early January, I have the time to do one of my 
> > "goals".  Starting in May, I plan to trailer my M17 around the perimeter 
> > (more or less) of the US, lauching it in places I have always wanted to sail. 
> >  I would enjoy having company at any, or all of the sites, and especially 
> > would like to have some first hand knowledge about the areas where I plan to 
> > sail.  The list below gives the places and the approximate times I will be 
> > there.
> >  
> > First week in May:          Perdido Bay, Alabama   
> > Second week in May:      Corpus Christi bay and Padre Island
> > Late in May:                   San Carlos, Mexico
> > Early June:                     Newport beach - Catalina Island, CA
> > Mid June:                       San Francisco Bay (Hope to compete in the 
> > small cruiser
> >                                             race)
> > Early July                     San Juan Islands
> > Mid July - August:          Canoeing the Yellowstone river
> > Early August:                 Apostle Islands, WI
> > Mid August:                   North Channel, Ontario
> > Late August:                  Bras d' Ore Lake, Nova Scotia
> > Early Sept:                    Southwest Harbor, Maine
> > Mid Sept:                       Mystic Seaport, CN
> > Late Sept:                      Cambridge (Chesapeake) 
> > End of Sept:                   Home! 
> > 
> > The timing of the trip is loose but I plan to be in San Carlos while the 
> > regatta is on (May 23, 24, and 25), and in San Francisco area in time for the 
> > Potter/Montgomery race, which I'm assuming will be held close to June 15.  
> >   
> > It's an ambitious trip, and I would enjoy sailing in company and seeing a lot 
> > of other Montgomery sailboats and their owners. Let me know if you are 
> > interested, or if you have some information on launch ramps, places to sail, 
> > etc., for these areas.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > John Edwards
> > Miss T
> > M17 # 372
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 2
> From: "Thomas Howe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 9:23:36 -0600
> Subject: M_Boats: Hanging question
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
> <META content="MSHTML 5.50.4807.2300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <P>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV>I'm going to repost my question, because I've heard the response from 
> several 15ers but no clear response about hanging a 17 from her chainplates. Is 
> this a viable way of lifting a 1500 lb boat, or should&nbsp; continue to battle > 
>with the straps? I am looking at Osprey II in my driveway, wishing that it was 
> in the lake, Sunday was 66 and breezy! Fair winds, TH.</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>--- Thomas Howe</DIV>
> <DIV>--- Service&nbsp;&nbsp; Integrity&nbsp;&nbsp; Results</DIV>
> <DIV>--- Your Link To Homes In Lawrence, Kansas</DIV>
> <DIV>--- Reece and Nichols. ACRES Realtors</DIV>
> <DIV>--- 785-550-1169</DIV>
> <DIV>--- <A 
> href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A><
> /DIV>
> <DIV>--- <A 
> href="http://home.earthlink.net/~thomashowe";>http://home.earthlink.net/~thomasho
> we</A></DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <P></P></BODY></HTML>
> 
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 3
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Perimeter Trip
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:49:34 +0000
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> John,
> Let me know when you are in the San Francisco bay 
> area and I'll sail my M15 with you.  
> 
> Perhaps we can get some other bay area sailors 
> and have our own regatta.
> 
> Bob
> > Having just retired in early January, I have the time to do one of my 
> > "goals".  Starting in May, I plan to trailer my M17 around the perimeter 
> > (more or less) of the US, lauching it in places I have always wanted to sail. 
> >  I would enjoy having company at any, or all of the sites, and especially 
> > would like to have some first hand knowledge about the areas where I plan to 
> > sail.  The list below gives the places and the approximate times I will be 
> > there.
> >  
> > First week in May:          Perdido Bay, Alabama   
> > Second week in May:      Corpus Christi bay and Padre Island
> > Late in May:                   San Carlos, Mexico
> > Early June:                     Newport beach - Catalina Island, CA
> > Mid June:                       San Francisco Bay (Hope to compete in the 
> > small cruiser
> >                                             race)
> > Early July                     San Juan Islands
> > Mid July - August:          Canoeing the Yellowstone river
> > Early August:                 Apostle Islands, WI
> > Mid August:                   North Channel, Ontario
> > Late August:                  Bras d' Ore Lake, Nova Scotia
> > Early Sept:                    Southwest Harbor, Maine
> > Mid Sept:                       Mystic Seaport, CN
> > Late Sept:                      Cambridge (Chesapeake) 
> > End of Sept:                   Home! 
> > 
> > The timing of the trip is loose but I plan to be in San Carlos while the 
> > regatta is on (May 23, 24, and 25), and in San Francisco area in time for the 
> > Potter/Montgomery race, which I'm assuming will be held close to June 15.  
> >   
> > It's an ambitious trip, and I would enjoy sailing in company and seeing a lot 
> > of other Montgomery sailboats and their owners. Let me know if you are 
> > interested, or if you have some information on launch ramps, places to sail, 
> > etc., for these areas.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > John Edwards
> > Miss T
> > M17 # 372
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:08:27 -0800 (PST)
> From: Eugene Lodrini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Genoa for M17
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> --- David Fann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Several months ago someone posted a recommendation
> > for a Florida sail maker
> > who had built a good genoa for an M17. (In St.
> > Petersburg, I seem to
> > recall.) I meant to save the message, but now I
> > can't find it.
> > 
> > Can anyone help?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > David Fann, David, Farrarm Sails in New London,CT
> built me a custom 150 genoa this past Fall. Call Kevin
> Farrar and tell him I referred you. He'll have the
> specs on hand...Guarnntee that this is a VERY well
> built sail! He was in the process of completeing a
> full set of sails for Senator Ted Kennedy's big boat
> when I caught up with him last Summer. Yet he took my
> order, came to my boat took measurements, and built,
> and delivered my sail on time. He is one of THE BEST
> Small boat sail lofts in the World. JJ Isler and gang
> frequent his place often. He'll give you a price over
> the phone. Unfortunately my M17 is in CT, and I'm not
> able to give you his address, but you can internet
> search for him. The USCG has me SO busy, that I may
> have to drop off the mlist until the Summer, unable to
> keep up reading my email. I am VERY pleased with mine
> :) God Bless this Country, and the Men and Women of
> the US Military. Eugene, Whoa Nellie M17 #354
> > 
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> >
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! 
> http://auctions.yahoo.com
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 5
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:21:36 -0800
> Subject: Fw: Re: M_Boats: lifting ring
> From: Larry Yake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> Thomas,
>   I found this in my personal archives about lifting the M17.  It's from
> Jerry M., so you can't get a much better answer than that.
> Larry Y.
> --------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: jerry montgomery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:26:22 +0000
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: lifting ring
> Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> References: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> We used to lift the 17's (to keel them and put them on the trailer) by
> the extruded toe rails with no problem.  Inspect the boat carefully and
> if everything is tight, lift from 4 points, using plenty of scope on the
> sling.
> 
> Jerry
> 
> Jerry Lehner wrote:
> > 
> > Does anyone know if it's okay to lift a 17 using the metal toerail for
> the
> > attachment points?
> > Jerry
> > _________________________________________________________________
> > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:29:36 -0800 (PST)
> From: Steve R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Perimeter Trip
> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> Tom,
> 
> Great description.  Celebrated my birthday and impending college graduation=
>  there in '78.  Brings back a lot of memories.  I=92m getting a powerful cr=
> aving for gumbo.
> 
> Steve R.
> M-15 #119
> Lexington, KY
> 
> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> =20
> > don't miss the Florabama bar, located on the Florida-Alabama=20
> > line, right on the beach...
> >
> > A friend of mine called the place "a disneyland for boozers".=20
> >
> >Tom Woodworth
> >M-17 Wild Hare
> 
> 
> 
> --__--__--
> 
> _______________________________________________
> montgomery_boats mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 
> End of montgomery_boats Digest

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to