FYI
--- "Stanley T. Winarski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:23:42 -0500
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: CBR 2002
> From: "Stanley T. Winarski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Doug Kelch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> Doug,
> 
> Vera phoned today.  She's willing to open her
> private ramp to us and permit
> us to park our vehicles and trailers there for $5 a
> day as long as we are
> bringing her some business too.
> 
> She is a bit concerned about the ramp - the 15s and
> 17th shouldn't bother it
> but she is concerned that the larger boats might
> tear up the hard stand.
> There is some question too whether her overflow
> parking will be able to
> accommodate all our trailers and vehicles.
> 
> I've never been to her place.  Is this worth
> pursuing?  Are you anywhere
> near Vira's and able to check it out?  Might it be
> suitable only for the
> smaller boats if we could find another launching
> site for the larger boats?
> 
> Your original outline of events included a stop for
> dinner at Vira's.  Would
> it work that the group assemble at Vira's, have
> dinner there, spend the
> night anchored off her place, and sail off the next
> day?  That would please
> Vira and give her the business in addition to the
> nominal cost of using her
> ramp and parking. I told her that some of us would
> be returning Wednesday
> and others could be as late as the following Sunday.
> 
> I hope to get there on Friday afternoon, June 7th.
> launch, anchor off Vira's
> and have dinner there Friday night and do a little
> shakedown sail on our own
> while waiting for the rest of the group to
> rendezvous on Saturday.  We'll
> have to call it quits on Wednesday or Thursday to
> enable us to get back in
> time for our granddaughter's graduation on Saturday.
> 
> Vira is sending me a menu and I promised her I'd get
> back to her with more
> detail.  Rather than intruding into your planning
> cycle, would you pick this
> up and run with it ?  It seems to be a better place
> to launch and leave our
> vehicles but I'm not familiar with the area and you
> are.
> 
> She has a pool available too that we could use for
> an additional fee but I
> didn't think that would appeal to our group - at
> least not at the start of
> the trip.
> 
> The $5 a night parking fee was my suggestion. 
> Should we offer more ?  She
> does sound as if the years have taken a toll and I
> wouldn't want to short
> change her. 
> 
> Let me know if you agree that you should take the
> lead on this or if you
> want me to stay in the loop with Vira.  I don't want
> to get in your way but
> am willing to help however I can.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Stan
> 
> 


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
http://movies.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to