Ken,
        Sounds good.  I spoke wit ha couple of gents I sail with and we may try for 
Fri. We'll probably meet somewhere east of Houston and motor on out together.  I'll 
get back to you when the time gets closer.

Randy Watkins
M15#194

<<< [EMAIL PROTECTED]  6/27  6:50p >>>
A few answers,  ask any others you wish.

The Messabout can be whatever the participants want.  If you want to be in the late 
summer regatta, go ahead.  It would start at about 1:00 and have three races.  Usually 
light winds this time of year.  As a messabouter, I suggest a single race if we have 
enough interest.  I guess just play it by ear.

Launch area has a tie up dock.  The cove area has a steep enough shore for boats like 
the Montgomerys to beach using an anchor to shore.  The beach is better suited for 
paddlers and dinghies.

If you want to come over on Friday, cone on down.  Let me know and I'll be sure the 
gate is open.

Ken Abrahams



  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ken Abrahams 
  To: Tim Webber ; Randy Watkins ; Randy Watkins ; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; 784 - Gordon R. Prejean ; Mark 
S.Sibille PE ; Mike Olivier ; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ; Chuck Leinweber ; John Fleig ; Bob Dowden 
  Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 8:37 AM
  Subject: Re: Mess about, Aug 10


  Hello All,

  Attached is the reply from the Commodore to my request to host a Messabout at Lake 
Charles Yacht Club.  The club will welcome all the Messabouters.  Date suggested is 
August 10.

  The usual planned activities of a Messabout are none, however we may have a fun race 
for the sailboats and the Club will provide eats and drinks.

  I suggest we meet in midmorning and stay as long as you like.  Camp on the grounds 
is you want to.  Hotels and Casinos nearby.  Probably need reservations at the Hotels.
  Bring sunscreen, it will be hot.  We do have some trees and a sitting area with 
shade.  Upstairs has air conditioning.  Plenty of beach and a good launch.

  I'll attach a coulple photos and the website location.  www.saillc.org  

  Ken Abrahams, Lake Charles, Many Boats

  (PS:  Thanks Bob.)

    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Bob Dowden 
    To: 'KEN ABRAHAMS' 
    Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 6:38 AM
    Subject: Mess about


    Ken 

    We brought up your suggestion on a mess about with Conroe and we like the idea.

    It will fit perfectly with the Mayors request for sails on the lake Aug 8th, 9th, 
10th. 

    See if they are available to come that Saturday the 10th and we will put it in the 
newsletter and have a cook out etc.

    Wayne Bonney will provide the social aminities and we can call it the Lake Charles 
mess about. Mavbe a few races etc.

    So please let them know it's a go.

     

    Also could you get the camera either to Alvin or Carry Chrisco for the newsletter. 

     

    Thanks 

    BD 


                        

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to