Hi Bill,

Glad to hear that you like the Forespar Tiller holder, and that it works
as I said it would.  

Now about that performance loss using the Tiller holder:  Are you
upsetting the boat balance as you head for the cabin to get a beer?  Then
you can't blame that on the tiller holder!  Just readjust it to hold
course when you are down below.........  but is your arm long enough to
do that.......?

So far, I find my small "claw" anchor very effective, but like with any
anchoring exercise, it is all a function of what type of bottom you have.
 The anchoring tools have to fit the bottom configuration.

After our week of 95 to 100 degree weather in Connecticut, I'm now
seriously getting ready to put LEPPO back in the water.

I pulled the bolts holding the mast step, and checked the balsa core for
deterioration.  Then I opened up the area, and finally filled it with
epoxy to seal everything.  Now it's ready to go back together.

I've found a problem with the Forespar Tiller Holder.  I have been using
it to hold the rudder when I leave the boat at the marina, but now I
discovered a longitudinal crack in the new tiller that runs through the
Forespar tiller fitting.

Conclusion:  the outboard wakes and PWC wakes on the lake are strong
enough to split the tiller.  So, back to the original tiller holding
configuration - using heavy bungee cords so that there is some "give" in
the system.

Connie



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to