It is easier on your hands if you use 3/8 braided line
but you have to cut the core part out of the line
where you tie the stopper not in the center board.  If
you don'd cut the core out the knot will be bigger
than the width of the board and will jamb.  The out
braid is plenty strong enough for the 35 lb board.

Thanks

Doug
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Craig --
> 
> I can't speak for all M15s, but on mine, you could
> change 
> the centerboard pendant without removing the cb 
> completely.  If you lower it all the way (gently)you
> can 
> get at the attachment point while it's still in the 
> trunk.
> 
> Unless it's pretty new already, I'd definitely
> replace 
> the line if you've got the board out anyway. 
> What've you 
> got to lose?  I've got 1/4-inch nylon braid on mine.
>             O
> -------(\_----------(\_---------
>  ~       ~       (\_      ~    ~
>    ~        ~         ~    ~
> Steve McClellan~~M15~#152~~Chicago
> 
> > Is the
> > centerboard line (halyard?  "rope"?) difficult to
> replace?  If so, wouldn't
> > it be prudent to replace it now while the board is
> out so I'm starting with
> > spanking new nylon that I won't so much as have to
> inspect for years?  Do
> > you have to drop the board to replace its
> whatchamacallit rope?
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes
http://autos.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to