Larry, Thanks for the info:  My discussion never got as far as the sail
weight, because I decided I didn't have the funds to buy the genoa this
year.  I am having my old sail modified to work with the CDI for now.  I'll
keep the 5 oz. in mind.  --Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Yake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 8:56 PM
Subject: Roller Furling UV Protection


  I have a 150 genoa with the lighter UV material on my CDI and I agree
with your sailmaker. I wouldn't want anything any heavier out there. It's
already difficult in light breezes to keep the sail open without the
whisker pole and sunbrella out there on the outer edge would be worse.
  What weight fabric are you getting? My sailmaker built mine out of 6
oz. material because I told him I wanted to sail the San Juans someday.
If I had it to do over again, I'ld go lighter, maybe 5 oz.
Larry Yake
M17, #200
Tullamore



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to