Tom,

The Mlist won't take large messages so I sent you and
some others the pictures directly.  I also copied Doug
King so he could post them on the MSOG page.

As a side note the sister hooks (also known as brummel
hooks) that Rich mentioned really do work well and I
highly recommend them.

In the links that Tod originally provided three lines
are seized on for what looks like about a three inch
distance and has sewn loops every inch.  I believe
that this is excessive for an M15 jib.  I seize mine
very tightly for an inch and frap (seizing line
between the two sheet leads and around 90 degrees to
the original lay)  the seizing several times.

I do not believe sewing adds to the strength as much
as prevents it from sliding down if the sheets
compress under strain and the seizing loosens. I have
never had this problem but Murphy's law usually comes
into play at the worst possible time.

Thanks

Doug
--- "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Doug, I've seen and like this method for attaching
> sheets.  I've also read a description of this
> somewhere, but can't remember where I saw it.  Is
> the knot just seized on?  I thought I read it was
> sewn as well.  I would also be interested in the
> alternate method you mention in your email...  T
> 
> Tom Smith and Jane Van Winkle
> M15/345 -- Chukar
> Sandpoint, Idaho
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Doug Kelch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 6:57 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Admiral Hornblower & jib
> sheets
> 
> 
> 
> These pictures are the best explanation of the
> method
> I have seen.  
> 
> I tried it with my old stiff jib sheets and the loop
> would not go through the cringle on tack of the
> sail. 
> 
> I have an alternate rope only method that is a
> little
> slower to change than the one depicted.
> 
> If any one is interested, let me know and I will
> send
> pictures.
> 
> Doug Kelch
> --- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In preparation for my Maine trip, I did a little
> > shopping for various and
> > sundry objects.  Since Maine is known to be a
> foggy,
> > foggy place I
> > thought it best to have a horn to go with my VHF
> > securite calls.  I blindly
> > picked the Admiral Hornblower horn.  Man, now I'm
> > gonna need earplugs
> > too!  Seriously!
> > 
> > Also am switching the jibsheet attachment from
> > individual for each sail to
> > one that hooks to the clew.  Someone on the Potter
> > board posted a very
> > clever and simple method and shortly afterwards
> > Martin on the TSBB
> > posted a slightly refined method:
> > 
> >
>
http://www.trailersailor.com/uploads/1_the_thig_i_was_trying_to_discibe.jpg
> >
>
http://www.trailersailor.com/uploads/passing_through_the_cringle.jpg
> >
>
http://www.trailersailor.com/uploads/knotted_end_thru_the_loop.jpg
> > 
> > Thanks for the responses on the rot.  I think I'll
> > try to avoid completely cutting
> > out the board since it is in such an inaccessable
> > place and so far I've avoided
> > cutting out the bottom of the wet locker.  If
> other
> > approaches don't work I may
> > end up having to do that; I hope not.  I think
> I'll
> > cut out around the bolt holes as
> > much as I can, try the antifreeze method, fill
> with
> > reinforced epoxy, add heavy
> > plate washers, bed well, and keep my fingers
> > crossed.
> > 
> > Tod
> > 
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> >
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
> http://health.yahoo.com
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
http://health.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to