My strategy, also, Stan.  I've successfully weathered two Michigan winters
this way with my M17, and I'm into my third.  Ideally, though, I'd like to
find affordable indoor storage.  I know the tarp (I actually use two) will
keep my boat plenty dry, but I just had my trailer painted and I'm hoping
this winter's exposure won't take too great a toll.  At least I'm not
dragging the trailer over salty roads.  --Craig, '84 M17

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stanley Winarski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:38 PM
Subject: Boat Covers

Welcome to the world of Montgomery, Steve and Susan.  I hope you will
enjoy Miss Q as much as I've enjoyed Carol II.

Yesterday I was forced by day after day of cold weather to admit that
my longed for "Indian Summer" was not going to appear before year end
and I pulled Carol II from her berth, hosed the accumulated grunge from
her hull and treated her to a hot soapy scrub down and shower at the
local car wash before putting her in drysail storage.

I've not found either a good cover or a pattern for one so I've draped
a large tarp over Carol II, folding in the ends and pulling things
tight from the cradled mast to the trailer to prevent the formation of
pockets that will collect pools of water or snow.  I'll watch with you
to see if anyone comes up with a better suggestion.

Waiting the first breath of Spring,

Stan Winarski
M-15, #177, Carol II



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to