Good system, I do a similar procedure except I dont use the winch, I pull
the line by hand.

Wayne
M17 "Intrepid"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Audsley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: M15 Rigging Information


> One thing I do slightly different for the M17 is to attach a lift line to
> the jib halyard, run the line through a snatch block at the stem head,
then
> back to a sheet winch...typically the port side. I can then lift and
"grind"
> the mast up from the cockpit, keeping track of everything that might snag
on
> the way up. Once the mast is up to a vertical position, I cleat the lift
> line off, then move forward to pin the forestay into place. If you attach
> the lift line to the forestay instead of the jib halyard, you have to
"give
> it up" to pin the forestay. I bring it down the same way. It happens in
slow
> motion and under control all the way.
>
> Howard
> M17, #278
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to