Steve,

    My primary anchor is an 8 pound Bruce, with 16-feet of chain and 150
feet of 1/2-inch nylon rode.  I know it is overkill, but I had it on a
former larger boat and decided to keep it for Poco.  The secondary anchor is
a galvanized Danforth knockoff (haven't weighed it but I estimate 12-15
pounds), with 15 feet of chain and 100 feet of 1/2-inch nylon rode.  l stow
both of them in the port cockpit locker in a plastic basket.  The Danforth
w/chain and rode is in a canvas bag to keep the anchors and rodes from
getting tangled.  To be honest, I have not been happy with this anchor and
intend to replace it with something like the WM 8-pound traditional anchor.

    I deploy and weigh the anchors from the cockpit, since I usually sail
single-handed.  From the cockpit I can control the sails, sheets, halyards,
outboard, anchor., etc.  I plan to break my anchor rodes into 50-foot
sections (ala Connie) for more convenience.  I haven't yet figured what
method of attachment to use between the sections.  Perhaps Connie can advise
us on his technique.

    Joe Kidd M15 #207  "Poco A Poco"


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to