Okay, I'm sorry about the spam, but I'm compelled to resubmit the question:

My '84 Monty has plastic caps at the ends of the spreaders with plastic cover pieces 
that are affixed to those
caps with screws to hold the shrouds in place.  The caps and cover pieces both have a 
groove for the wire.
Are replacement parts available?  If not, would rubber spreader-boots be sufficient to 
hold the shrouds?  I
know the spreader boots are designed to prevent sail chafe, which would suggest 
they're probably not
sufficient for the dual function of holding the shrouds.

I apologize.  Y'all put up with enough gibberish from me as it is, let alone being 
forced to read the same
question three times.  However, I think the above version of the question might 
finally make sense.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 8:55 PM
Subject: Clarification: Spreader Ends

In re-reading this, I realize I should rephrase the following:

"plastic pieces [ ] screw onto those caps"

I should have said, "plastic cover pieces are affixed to those caps with screws"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 7:50 PM
Subject: Spreader Ends

My '84 Monty has plastic caps at the ends of the spreaders with plastic pieces that 
screw onto those caps to
hold the shrouds in place.  The cap and screw-on piece both have a groove for the 
wire.  Are replacement parts
available?  If not, would rubber spreader-boots be sufficient to hold the shrouds?  I 
know the spreader boots
are designed to prevent sail chafe, which would suggest they're probably not 
sufficient for the dual function
of holding the shrouds.







_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to