The spreaders on my 86 Monty 17 were replaced at my local rigging shop. The
spreader itself is a simple tube with the appropriate holes; however, the
spreader ends have an aluminum end piece that is inserted into the spreader
tube and riveted on. It has a vertical groove for the shroud and small holes
for rigging wire to be laced around the shroud securing it to the spreader
itself. I would not use the spreader boots alone. I don't recall what I paid
for the spreaders but it was relatively inexpensive. If you're interested I
can get you a price including shipping.
Maiki
----- Original Message -----
From: "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 7:50 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Spreader Ends


>
> My '84 Monty has plastic caps at the ends of the spreaders with plastic
pieces that screw onto those caps to
> hold the shrouds in place.  The cap and screw-on piece both have a groove
for the wire.  Are replacement parts
> available?  If not, would rubber spreader-boots be sufficient to hold the
shrouds?  I know the spreader boots
> are designed to prevent sail chafe, which would suggest they're probably
not sufficient for the dual function
> of holding the shrouds.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to