If I understand the literature correctly, if you use the epoxy-fill approach you used 
for your other fittings,
that should solve the problem, whether the core is completely dry in that spot or not. 
 I've read of people
drilling a series of small holes, then setting up a suction system to leach out 
moisture, but it doesn't sound
like your situation is serious enough for such a drastic cure.  Your 21-days in the 
sun treatment seems as if
it would completely dry the area in question, anyway.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 8:47 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Wet core


I have an area on the cabin top of my M15 about the size of a silver dollar
that has a wet core.  There was a fitting screwed on to the cabin top, and I
removed it and drilled out the hole, and wet wood came out.  I drilled about
a half-inch hole, and picked out all that I could get to.  Anoyther hole
above and one below were dry.  I have left these holes open for about three
weeks now, in the hot sun (about 95 degrees).  Is this enough to
sufficiently dry it out?  Any ideas on what I might do?  I have removed all
of the fittings, drilled out the holes and filled with epoxy, then redrilled
and replaced each fitting.  I only found the one spot that was wet.  Thanks,
Jon




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to