|
I'm looking for small, open, but very stable sailboat, incredibly simple to
rig and easy to singlehand, to sail on small inland lakes . . . My M17 is more
suitable for Lake Michigan sailing, and I dry-sail it (store it mast-up on the
trailer) to avoid the hassles of trailering and rigging . . . Anyway, could
the Omega 14' be the small-lake boat I want?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:38
AM
Subject: Omega 14
-------- Original Message --------
Hi
Wayne,
I've tried to find other Omega 14 owners on the internet . . .
not much luck, so it's nice to find another owner who's willing to
communicate. My boat is from '82 I believe. We bought it from an old fellow
who moved into an assisted living facility. He hadn't sailed it for quite a
few years and the part to hold the centerboard in place is missing. I've
jerry-rigged something with a dowl and a rope around the mast to keep the
centerboard in place, but it is less then ideal. I was wondering if you
could give me the measurements of that part and perhaps a picture of what it
looks like. We love the little boat, we can fit all 5 of us (2 adults, 3
children) and had a lot of fun with it already (bought it in Sept.
this year). We still have a Banshee (~12ft, cat-rigged), which is not nearly
as roomy, dry or forgiving for family sailing.
Looking forward to
your reply. Regards,
Jan
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Jan
Glad to hear you have a Omega, I have
one also, great little boat mines a '78, also have a Sunfish of
indeterminate age, and a '76 M17.
Sometimes if i'm going to a place where I
know there is little wind (most state parks for example) I'll take the
Omega, it does well in light winds.
Regards
Wayne
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 9:26 AM
Subject: Gas filling..
We have one of those gas cans described below.
It is wonderful! Never, ever spilled gas anymore! The only downside is
that it doesn't work on cars, only on lawnmowers or other similar gas
tanks.
Jan Paul Debaene
Capri Omega 14 (dreaming of a
Montgomery)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
Hi. We're new to the list ... own a 1974
Montgomery 17 that has been restored and has some improvements.
I noted the item about filling tanks on small motors: Briggs and
Stratton makes [or made] a one gallon can with a patented fill tube
that shut off automatically when the receiving tank was full. No
muss .. no fuss .. no bother. I think they are still available
at good lawnmower shops etc.
H. Dale and Gloria
L. Lilly
San Carlos Community
Church
|
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats