Regarding Mboats: stanchions: I don't have them on my boat. I
had them on the M17 we previously owned, but in order to be really effective
in the disastrous events that require them, they won't work. In order to
do the job, they must be very tall ... above knee level at least!
Otherwise, if you hit the lines at high velocity [and in those situations, you
will], they are a great means of sending you flying over the side! If
they were tall enough to do the job, they would look like ---- [you fill in
whatever word fits for you]. We simply choose to be very careful, have a
down-haul on the jib, and wear a harness when things get dicey. Sure, I
know people think that's nuts! I've been laughed at more than a few
times. But, we've been there for more than 40 years now and have NO
OVERBOARD EXPERIENCE [I lie! Gloria fell overboard once when
anchored in about 2 1/2 feet of water]. After another 40 years, I may
change my mind ..but.. ..then again
H. Dale and Gloria L.
Lilly
San Carlos Community
Church
>From: "MC Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: MC Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, For and
about MontgomerySailboats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "For and about Montgomery
Sailboats"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: M_Boats: stantions
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:15:28 -0500
>
>Is there a requirement to the height of the stanchion or the
pulpit.
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats