Rachel,

Another thought:

For years my wife and I were trying to come up with an nice double bed in
the Tripp-Lentsch. 

We tried various schemes:  plywood under one berth that can be pulled out
to make a double - but then you loose access to the storage lockers under
the berth.

Finally one rainy day, sitting in the cabin and reading, the great
blinding flash of inspiration struck:  BINGO!

I grabbed my tape measure to see if the idea would work,
...............and it did!

The idea was, take the fore and aft berth and rotate it 90 degrees so
that it fit crosswise in the cabin.

As luck would have it, the length of the berth was exactly the width of
the cabin, so the turn by 90 degrees idea would work.

What I did, was cut away the edging to keep the mattresses in place; cut
notches in the fiberglass, and add some oak support beams to carry our
combined weights.

I used our cockpit table over the support beams to give us a flat surface
for the mattresses, and Lo, a wonderful wide double berth.

But why did it take me 20 years to finally get that inspiration?

Connie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to