A word to the wise:

The 5-hp Honda long shaft four stroke on my M-17 sheared a pin due to no
apparent reason. There was no debris in the water, and the propeller does
not extend below the keel depth, so it obviously the prop did not strike the
bottom. I was told by the Honda dealer in Key West that Honda has replaced
the brass pin with one made from stainless steel. Those of you with Honda
engines may want to consider replacing the pin before having it fail at a
most inopportune time. You may also want to carry a spare. I got the last
one in captivity in Key West.  I was also told that if the replacement pin
shears shorthy after its installation,  the problem could be caused by the
hole in the propeller shaft being elongated. This, of course, would require
the replacement of the shaft.

Clarence Andrews
M-17 Carpe Ventum_______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to