Hey Wayne,
I sail Corpus Christi bay. Had a my first real sail yesterday ,since I
bought her 3 months ago. I was dreading strong winds again. But Good Friday
was definatly good friday. Winds started 5-10 when I launched at the marina
at 0830, took me a bit to get the motor started, I thought it was going good
until the motor stopped. Luckily a few well placed taps with my lucky pliers
and I guess I knocked something loose. Anyway after fighting the spinnaker
hook on the jib halyard, I got the 150% genoa and the main up. I had to
anchor to get all the adjustments done, once I was happy with the sail shape
I was underway. I motor sailed out of the marina and as soon as I went
through the "gap" the sails filled and the boat lurched forward, I was using
the modified kick-up rudder and was very pleasently surprised that it was
only taken a minimal amount of pressure to keep her on course. I sailed a
couple of hours, got home and went out again. It was glorious the wind
kicked up to 10-15 and I was averaging 4 knots, I started playing with the
mast rake like I read in previous posts, but the best performance was
definitly in the weight distribution. I had a friend with me the second time
out and she was very surprised at how well the MOnty sailed. I was so verrry
happpyy.


gilbert M17 #76
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Wayne Yeargain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Spring Has Sprung


> Hi Gilbert
> What part of south Texas are you in, I live near Houston and sail
Galveston
> and Matagorda Bays.
> Maybe we could hook up for a sail.
>
> Wayne M17 #204
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "gilbert landin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 8:51 PM
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Spring Has Sprung
>
>
> > good luck Todd, I think thats a resolution foreveryone of us.
> > My "tiny dancer" is sitting on her trailer at the marina, she has been
> there
> > all month. The weather has been typical for March here in south Texas
nice
> > and warm and blowing 20-30 knots on the weekend and 15-20 during the
week,
> > very frustrating indeed.
> >
> > gilbert
> > m-17 #47
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> >
> >
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to