Here is a series of photos showing how I whip the ends of my lines.  There
is more than one way to do it; this is just how I learned in 4-H.  It is
easy enough and seems to do the job:

http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping01.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping02.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping03.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping04.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping05.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping06.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping07.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping08.jpg
http://www.bright.net/~htmills/Whipping09.jpg

And here is a photo of a three-strand to chain splice I did recently.  The
lack of a thimble seems to cause some concern in some circles; following the
photo link is a link to some test results that New England Ropes did for
West Marine:

http://www.bright.net/~htmills/rode.jpg

http://www.ussailing.org/safety/Studies/1994ropechainsplice.htm#The%20Test%2
0Samples

*********************

I was just noticing a tag that was on the Taylor Big B fenders I bought and
according to the tag, the two 8x20 fenders that Busca sports are supposed to
go with a boat 25'-45'......LOL

The four 10x26 fenders I bought for the Tartan 26 are supposed to be good
for 40'-60' boats!


Tod
M17 #408  BuscaBrisas



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to