I just took my m17 to  a local boatyard. I had to inspect the centerboard
condition and went thru all the tips listed in the list. I needed a bottom
job and this was the easiest thing to do. It took 20 minutes to lift my boat
on slings and is now safely on the hard. I could never comfortably get to
all the places that needed TLC w/o out-hauling. Besides at $7.00/per foot it
was very reasonable. This gave the owner an incentive to start charging a
minimum fee of $200.00. As the yard people gathered around the small
sailboat to check it out the lasy at the counter said " I have never seen
such a small boat cause such a big commotion" . "Sure, thats a whadda ya
call it ...Montgomery!" another old salt exclaimed,"whats his name has one,
ya know the guy with the beard!"he continued. At this he was berated by the
group of repairmen in the shop."Hell, Bill everyone around here has a
beard!"  the shop erupted in laughter, and made the Montgomery Boat owner
feel like he belonged.

Gilbert


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to