Hi Connie,
Yea that was me with the Valco stern & motor removed while out flyfishing. I 
really am not considering leaving the motor attached. It's just that the past 
owner of my new M-17 had done so for years withour any appreciable problems. I 
guess more than anything it attests to the quality of the M-17, not to 
mention his luck in keeping the motor.
My past sailboat experience has been with a Honda 2hp which is very light and 
an inboard diesel. This M-17 has a 2-stroke 6hp. I haven't lifted it as yet, 
but suspect it will go about 60 to 70 pounds. No big thing for me... at this 
time.
I'll be replacing the motor with a 4 to 5 HP 4-stroke. I'd like to go as 
light as possible and still get the oomph needed. 
I whole heartedly agree... keep the motor outa sight and outa mind. 
Bill M-17 SF Bay
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to