Bill,

Surely such a fine reply is worth more than 2 cents!  I can't help but agree 
with you.  I did manage to sail an M-15, for about an hour, thanks to the 
kindness of Charless Fawlkes and his wife.  What marvelous boats.  It's a lot more 
boat in lots of ways than our Potter-one very big foot longer and one very 
big foot wider, as it were.  Probably the compromise lies in having two boats 
rather than making do with one.  Still, if I can figure out a stategy for those 
edgy ramps...

Cheers,

Steve Tyree, P-15


In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:12:05 AM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hi Steve,
Here's my 2-cents worth. Far as I can see, the P-15, P-19 / M-15 & M-17 all 
have there place. For me the P-15 wasn't enough boat. However, it suits lots 
& 
LOTS of trailer sailors. Sounds like the waters you sail may be well suited 
to 
a P-15. If you find yourself wanting a larger, more useable cabin, more 
cruising abilities with more safety... then it's possibly time for a change. 
However, the P-15 will launch in a mud puddle and with the addition of the 
self 
adhesive "Hull Guard" material (Cabelas, Overtons, etc.) it's probably the 
ideal 
craft. If you find yourself wanting to venture to larger bodies of water with 
the ever present docks, launch fees, etc... again it's time for a change. 
In closing, find someone with an M-15 and get an hour in on the tiller. If 
you could pick a nice windy & scary day, so much the better as you'll be 
convinced of the M-15's abilities. Try out the cavernous (in comparison) 
cabin and 
imagine an overnighter in that space. 
I haven't even got my boat home yet... However, I can't tell you how happy I 
am to have a capable vessel. Even though I can't even sail her yet.
Two more schools of thoughts. It's better to have any boat... than no boat at 
all. AND
It's better to want something you don't have than to have something you don't 
want.
Which is to say... Keep the P-15 while wishing and wanting your new M-15/17. 
Want it bad enough and you'll soon find yourself with one!
In the mean time look into the "Hull Guard" stuff...
Regards,
Bill M-17 SF Bay Area
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to