Charless Fawlkes moved his mainsheet cleat to a little triangular piece of 
teak mounted to the underside of the existing bridge deck.While it moved the 
mainsheet cleat a scant 4" astern, it made the bridgedeck an excellent place for 
a crewman to sit, feet in the companionway, while tending the jib sheets.  The 
slight movement rearward had no effect on sailing performance that I could 
see; in fact I think Charless won the small boat division of the cruiser 
challenge one year.  If it were me I'd certainly emulate his modification.

Cheers

Steve Tyree, P-15


In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:39:28 PM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
As for the mainsheet, I'm thinking the same way you are; put it back. I 
haven't had a chance to really test it out in its current 
configuration, but I'm inclined to believe that Jerry Montgomery knows 
more about these things than the previous owner. However, I gather the 
M17s have some sort of traveler on the cockpit floor, and that might be 
worth exploring, if there's room.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to