Very cool, Bill.  Sounds like a simple, quick solution (important for those 
impulse sails).  Let us know how your tests turn out.

Cheers

Steve Tyree, P-15


In a message dated 8/14/2004 2:07:07 PM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Here's the solution to "What to do with the boat while parking the car."

I have used an item called The Anchor Buddy on a couple of power boats.
Go To:    http://www.anchorbuddy.com/
You'll see the anchor buddy is basically a stretch anchor line. Motor out, 
set the anchor in 10-20 foot of water, motor back in to wading depth, jump 
off 
with your bow line and let the boat back out to the anchor... tie off the bow 
line on shore. When you want back on the boat, pull her in. No worries about 
rocks or shore dings. 
HOWEVER,
I've used this on low freeboard boats. It's possibly strong enough to accept 
the wind against a high freeboard. But, I've not tested it. I'll be getting 
one for Tiperary. If you dont have yours before I do, I'll report back about 
mine... If you do get one, let us know if it withstands the winds.
Regards,
Bill M-17 SF Bay
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to