I think the teak rails & stuff are an option.  I've never seen one in
person, but it does have a bit of a "dated" look to it.  I guess the
dreaming is part of the fun.  I know I went & looked at a 33" Rogers a
couple of weekends ago, that the photos looked very good (it is a
beautiful boat), but it was beyond my repair skills.  It would take 20K
to do it yourself.  How a boat can go from 120K to essentially worthless
in 20 years is beyond me, but I suppose if you use automobiles as a
comparison, some folks just can't seem to take care of things.  Anyway,
the Monty still looks like the best bet.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/18/04 08:10PM >>>
I've checked out that website before, too, and was impressed with all
the
details and little goodies on the Rhodes 22, but after seeing one in
person last weekend, I gotta say it doesn't do much for me.  It looks
very functional and all, but it has no "beauty" (in the eyes of this
beholder), no sweet lines, teak, or the intangibles that make a sailboat
look classic.  My 2 bits worth.
Larry

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:11:15 -0400 "David Thomason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I spent quite a while looking at that website today (hey, I was 
> backing
> up data: one of the most boring jobs known to man), and it sure 
> looks
> neat.  They're going to be here at the fall boat show in Michigan, 
> I
> think I'll go see one in person.  Actually, I'm going to be in the
> Smokies in early October, looks as if a side trip to the Ocean is 
> called
> for (they're built in North Carolina, and promise you a ride if you 
> go
> to the factory).  Thanks for the tip.  At almost 40K, it still 
> looks
> like a good value.
> 
> >>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/17/04 12:50PM >>>
> 
> Hi All:
> 
> A relatively little known, but great boat. Check it out.
> 
> http://www.rhodes22.com/home.html
> 
> cheers-
> Shawn Boles
> Grey Mist (M17 #276 1978)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to