Peter,

I bought the cheapest Hummingbird (app. $90) to go on my Potter 15.  It
works great.  Shows me depth, bottom contour, and has a shallow water alarm
(just a beep, but it's there).  It will do fish to, if your into that sort
of thing.

I know several people have spoke to this thread and most will think my next
remark is crazy, but I set my transducer in Silly Putty.   Someone on the
Potter list-serv talked about it several years ago, so I tried it.  It has
now been in since early March and has worked every time I turned it on.  The
beauty of this system:  Transducer and putty can be removed anytime with
nothing left to say it's been there.  I bought the Wal-Mart generic putty
for a buck.

I you're interested you can read an article and see pictures of the entire
installation at this url:
http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YF0uQXTzy8m2v3GhxKN7U5udmZ5arSbZO9uzRqS7P12ouFU
pKRf4FEVyayF6Mu6EXKauHHFFpSbg33jough0k_UPwlpcgEQH/E.%20Potter%20Modification
s/P-15%20Depth%20Finder.htm

Lewis Baumstark
WWP15 and Scorpion
Bristol, TN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Deffenbacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 9:37 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Depth/Fish Finder For M15


> Hello all!
> I would like to know if anyone with an M15 has ever used a Depth/Fish
> Finder on their boat.
> I am leaning to the Fishin' Buddy 2255 by Bottom Line because it is
> removable.  I don't want to drill a hole in the Hull.
> Anyone can email off line it they would like.
> I also would like to hear more sailing adventure stories too if you have
> them.  I don't have too many myself yet!
> Thanks,
> Peter
> Peanut M15 618
> "Its better to have feet then no shoes"  It's raining here quite heavy!
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to