The one I used on my smaller boat was a 7.5 watts Semen's, secured to the
hatch cover and a piece of Plexiglas top was silicone over it, to prevent
cracking and breakage. I believe the measurements were 15 x 15 inches.
Perfect fit on the hatch. Permanently wired connected through a $14.00
charge controller. you can hook it up and forget it , so you will always
have electric lights. For a little extra money and a lot of peace of mind ,
buy the charge controller with the low voltage cut off control, some are
adjustable to cut off at 10.7 volts for example and that will save your
battery from getting discharged too much and therefore completely ruined.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Bundek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 12:42 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Recommendations for a M15 solar panel?
I've looked on line for solar panels and found that they seem too big for my
M15. Does anyone use solar panels for battery charging? If yes, what brand
and where did you put it? What size battery are you using?
Norm
M15 #172
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats