Why not use a stern mounted transducer? I would think
it would be much easier to install. The only restriction that
I know of is that they won't work with an inboard powered
boat but that shouldn't be a problem with the M-15. If you
mount an external transducer that isn't on the stern then
you have to worry about where to put it so that it won't
interfere with the trailer bunks/rollers.

As far as brand goes, my brother has a Garmin combo
GPS w/map and fish finder that he's had good luck with.
I have a Garmin GPS w/map on one of my boats (no fish
finder) and have not had any problems with it.

Michael


> Has anyone installed one?  Since the keel starts more than mid way towards 
> the 
> bow, will an internal transducer need part of the inner hull removed in order 
> to 
> get a good signal?  If your using an external transducer, any problems with 
> sailing or leakage?
> 
> Any recommendations on brand with a GPS?
> 
> Norm M25 #172
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to