Don't know about the website you mention, but I view trips on the M17 as a
form of luxurious backpacking.  You need to keep it simple, but at least you
don't have to carry it on your back, so you get to splurge a bit. And the
"tent" is always setup. But simple is the key word. Yes....you probably can
stow and extra 500 pounds or so of "stuff"....but you will be sorting
through it constantly trying to find what you want, and the extra weight is
going to slow you down.

Aside from the luxury of ice in a cooler, I also have two forms of ovens I
can use. One is intended for simple backpacking.....the other is more
robust.....a Coleman folding oven. It was made to set on top of a Coleman
gas stove, but will also sit on top of the Origo. It will bake about
anything you would use a normal oven for. I have made bread in mine. The
little nesting one will also make biscuits, pizzas, etc.  Gives you a chance
to do something different and of course, impress those folks in the 30 plus
footers...... who don't have an oven...... with your cooking skills.

As for cooking pots, I use nesting backpacking pans like those from MSR.
With those you use the special gripping handles. You can use them on the
cook top or bake in them, and they are non-stick, so they are easy to clean.

And one of the better items I added to the boat last year was a pint sized
spray bottle I use to rinse dishes with. Fill it with clean water, add a
couple drops of bleach, and you have a nice rinse bottle that uses a 10th of
the water I used to use.

Howard          


On 11/27/04 7:40 PM, "MC  Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found this really neat personal web site about camping with your boat,  it
> that had all kinds of things for the  double use of  everything on the boat
> (or more) like using a your cooking steamer as an oven to cook morning
> biskets
> or how to change the light bulb in your flashlight to LED.  also a center
> cut board that slid up to angle for cushioned back support or down to cover
> the cockpit for sleeping. The one thing I went back to find was the covering
> on the handles of your cook ware with something that does not burn yet
> insulates enough to prevent burning your hands???
> 
> well I lost track of it??? any one know anything about it.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to