. . . masthead, however, is illegal for offshore, or _______ miles offshore, 
sailing?

----- Original Message ----- 
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 12:29 PM
Subject: M23 nav light size

Just an observation.  Miss T came with the on-deck nav  lights and I was
always concerned that when I dropped the jib, the lights were  obscured.  I keep
Miss T sail on a lake when not travelling and do a fair  amount of night
sailing.  The lake also has a lot of night bass  fishing - those boats go like
scaulded dogs between fishing spots - so  I put nav lights at the top of the 
mast.
This worked well while sailing  but was illegal while motoring - the rule
requires a white light above the nav  lights while motoring.  So I put a
"steaming light" on the mast and nav  lights on the bow pulpit.  I take the 
masthead
lights down for  racing.  A little bit of over kill but I like having the
masthead lights,  they can be seen a long ways.

John Edwards
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to