Tom,

You are right. It functions like a barber hauler from 
the front of the mast.

It pulls to the center and forward. Should work well
for a working jib.  Probably not so well on a 140%
jenny and up.

Doug
--- "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> So this technique is sort of a modified barber
> hauler approach, right?
> Since I mounted my qenoa track on the toe rail, I
> can't close the slot
> as much as I would like (and which would probably be
> possible if I'd
> mounted the track on the coaming instead).  I've
> thought something like
> you suggest would solve this problem Doug.  t
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
> Fairfield, WA
>      M15-345  Chukar
>      M17-064  Unnamed
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From:
>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> m] On Behalf Of Doug Kelch
> Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:37 AM
> To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
> Subject: M_Boats: RE: Jib leads - discovered
> technique
> 
> --- "Smith, Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I do care about loose footed main sail shape and
> bottom paint and fair
> 
> > leads on a Montgomery sailboat deck.
> 
> I came acacross neat technique used in Flying Scots
> for adjusting the
> jib sheet leads.
> 
> The Flying Scot has a jib fafairleadn a track but it
> is limited in
> length and leaves the slot more open than it should
> be or flattens the
> jib exexcessively
> 
> The normal jib sheet in use is the leLeewardheet. 
> The Flying Scot
> technique is to use the windward sheet to pull the
> jib clew to windward
> while using the leLeewardheet for tension.  This
> will close the slot or
> increase the depth of the jib while sheeted in
> tight.
> 
> I am looking forward to trying this in the Spring as
> the M15 has fixed
> locations for the stock fafairleads
> 
> Doug KeKelch"Seas the Day"
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com 
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 



        
                
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. 
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to