What did you do to restore the holes to their correct diameters, Norm?  Thanks, 
Craig

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Norm Bundek
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:15 PM
Subject: Does anyone need a pattern of the M15 center board?

I thought I read in some past message that someone lost or wanted a pattern for 
the
M15 centerboard.  If you do, contact me.  I've got mine out during the refurb.

I did find a very hidden problem in the center board holes for the pin and 
pennant.
There were hair line cracks in the holes.  Being an obsessive, I explored the 
holes
with a dremel tool.  I found rusted voids!  I have removed a lot of material 
and rust
from the holes.  I used Rust N ME to neutralize the rust and filled the voids 
and
other hair line cracks with 5 minute epoxy.  This should stop any water from 
entering
the centerboard and strengthen the hole.  If you take yours out, be sure to 
check
this area.

Norm  M15 #172
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to