>>>>>>>>Do you ever generate scrap 3/8 in. marine  plywood of a size to make 
a 3
board hatchboard for a M-17??
I've tried to  find Luan or Teak both locally and at Port Clinton, Ohio,
but to no  avail.

I've got the lower third if I can get the rest.  Be happy to  pay
shipping...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 
 
I got a good bit of correspondence like this after last week's email, and  it 
might make sense to ask, "Is there a critical mass of Montgomery 15 and 17  
owners who need hatch boards?"
 
If so, and given accurate dimensions, CLC could do a computer-cut run of  
Sapele hatch boards (drop boards?  Wash boards?  Is there any  consensus on 
what 
the dingdang things are called?) and ship them out at cost or  a little above.
 
With the economy of scale it could be done quickly and fairly  cheaply.  The 
owners would trim to fit and varnish to taste.  A "wash  board kit", as it 
were.
 
I once asked a similar question on the Windmill Class BBS and within a  few 
days had orders for 20 daggerboards, which CLC did at cost.  We entered  them 
into our secure online ordering system so people could pay for them online,  
and the boards slipped out painlessly through our fulfillment machine.
 
Just a thought.  Cheers,
 
John C. Harris
Chesapeake Light Craft
"The Best Boats You Can Build"
_http://www.clcboats.com_ (http://www.clcboats.com) 


 
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to