Sorry Craig. Didn't mean to freak you out.

But as Rachel points out, us Mac users are a bit sensitive about being fall guys for problems unrelated to our computers.

Peace, love, and Macs--Bob Olson

Craig F. Honshell wrote:

Um . . . I was in no way disparaging the Mac . . . Sorry to offend . . . I know 
that
Apple software is superior, per the message I just sent to Rachel . . .

Didn't realize I'd tap into the Mac angst with that remark . . . You obviously 
know
reams more about programming than I, which wouldn't be hard since I know 
nothing, so
I had no idea I'd offend with the offhand remark . . .

"Yeah right. Let's all trade in our Macs for PC's.  :-("

--This is a rather frightening a hostile hyperbolic retort . . . Yikes . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Olson
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 2:11 PM
Subject: funtigo . . .


If the Mac users can't access the links, perhaps they're just out of luck . . .

Yeah right. Let's all trade in our Macs for PC's.  :-(

It ain't a Mac problem, it's a coding problem. I'll forward my note to
Funtigo and see if they want to revise their code to INDUSTRY STANDARDS
so that the links will work for everyone.

--Bob Olson

Craig F. Honshell wrote:

When I downloaded Firefox, I expressly did not delete IE, for just such a 
reason . .
. IE is a flawed browser that allows too many pop-ups and adware intrusions, 
which is
why people download Firefox, Opera, etc. . . . Perhaps Funtigo somehow tailors 
it's
links to IE use?  Seems any users out there with Microsoft who are using safer
browsers but haven't deleted IE should be able to pull it up to access your 
site . .
. If the Mac users can't access the links, perhaps they're just out of luck . . 
.
Just my thoughts as a computer user with very limited understanding of the 
programs
he uses . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:55 AM
Subject: more new stuff on the photo site...


In a message dated 1/22/2005 12:38:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Sorry to respond to list about this, but I don't know who codes the
site.

Hi Bob,
Funtigo does it all.
It's quite easy to use their site as they made it that way.
If I had to do as you suggest... it wouldn't get done as I don't posses those
skills.
Now about funtigo... There is a possibility they can change something to
assist those with other than an MS browser. However, I'm not the person to 
suggest
whatever is needed as again, I dont posses those skills. Maybe you could
write to Funtigo on the MSOG behalf, explain what their situation is and get a
technical answer. That, after translation, we could all understand.
As for me, I never heard of Foxfire or Safari before. I've always used
Internet Explorer and don't know any better.
You would be doing the group a favor if you can get an answer. Go to their
main site at www.funtigo.com and at the lower left is a "contact us" link. If
you want to get an idea of how they make it for their clients. You can sign up
for a free trial funtigo membership.
Thanks for any help,
Bill
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats







_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to