George et all,
The problem with the picture links page is that the page has been coded incorrectly. It's not a Microsoft nor a Mac problem.
Supposedly, Funtigo was responsible for the coding, so I sent them a note explaining to them how to fix the page at the request of Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, who is the registered owner of the page.
I haven't heard anything back from them. :-(
Bob Olson
On Monday, January 24, 2005, at 08:55 PM, George Burmeyer wrote:
David,
Ditto with Safari, Firefox and IE on my Mac, except that I have had no problem using IE to get the hi-res images downloaded. Seems to me that Safari used to work on the site and now doesn't. ???
This is almost certainly another nefarious plot by the Evil Empire to disgruntle non-Windows users ;-)
BTW: Great artwork! Thanks for sharing.
George B. M15 #385 1986 Santa Rosa, CA
On 1/22/05 9:46 PM, "David Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've tried Safari, Firefox, and IE (all on a Mac), and I can only get
"clickable" links by using IE. But when I try to get downloadable or
high-resolution versions of the artwork using IE on the Mac, I get
linked right back to the home page. On my Windows machine it all seems
to work just fine using IE, but my guess is that funtigo is set up as a
photo site only, and you're pushing way beyond the limits of its
capability with what you're trying to do here, Bill. I doubt that
they're going to be willing to totally reconfigure their site for us
Mac users, or the Windows users who are surfing with anything but IE.
Not that us Mac users don't run into this sort of platform
pig-headedness on a regular basis, but it does wear thin. Sigh. Bill
Gates will surely pay for this in his next life. Probably come back as
some sort of plankton or something...
David
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= David W. Wood -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1981 M15 -=- Hull #163
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
