Hi Gilbert- All I have is one turnbuckle with 1/2" t-bolts; the barrel is
similar but not exactly the same as your photos.  It looks to me that the
most economical way to go would be to replace the toggle and the t-bolt
(stud).  I believe I can get these with no problem.  If you would like a
price, tell me how many and whether they are lefts or rights and I will talk
to my supplier..

Jerry
jerrymontgomery.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gilbert Landin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: turnbuckles


> I am replacing my t-bolts on my shrouds, it looks like all of them have
some
> bend to them, some more then others. Anyway Im trying to figure the specs.
I
> went to west marine, they sell the whole turnbuckle. I was able to size
mine
> with one of theirs. It looks like a 1/4" bolt . My question is the t-top
of
> my bolt measures 1/2" in diameter, thats twice the size as anything they
> have in the same bolt size. Looking thru internet vendors they list a
> "pin/jaw width" size of 1/4" which is kind of standard on the different
> sites. Has anyone that has changed t-bolts on a M-17 remeber having to
> downgrade to 1/4" pins?
>
> gilbert
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to