Norm,

I use a 1/8 or 3/64 line with a turning block attached
to the aft hole in the forestay fiting. (mine has
three holes - far forward I use for forestay, middle
hole for jib tack, last hole for down haul block.  The
down haul block is attached with twisted shackle as I
did not use a swivel block.

I have a cleat mounted on the outside of the cockpit
coaming about 4 inchs aft of the end of the tiller.
The jib downhaul runs aft to this cleat along the deck
with no fairleads. This lets you snug up the line and
tie it off so the downhaul does not flutter.  When the
Jib is down all of the excess line is in the rear of
the cockpit and pretty much out of the way.

Thanks

Doug Kelch
M15 #310
--- nbundek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to add a jib downhaul on my M15.  Does anyone
> have a layout for the line running aft?  I don't
> want it interfering with the jib sheets.
> 
> Norm
> M15 #172
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 



                
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less. 
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to