Hi Connie,
 
Thank you for you reply to my question re self steering.  When I first bought 
my M15 I wanted to put an Auto helm 1000 tiller auto pilot on it with 2 
motorcycle batteries with a switch to select one or the other battery or both 
batteries at the same time.  I thought I would keep the batteries charged with 
a solar panel on the cabin top.  When I was told it wouldn't work I didn't look 
into it any further.   I'm still not sure how large of a solar panel I would 
have needed to charge the batteries.
 
Jerry Montgomery suggest I use surgical tubing looped to the tiller which I had 
planned on doing but never did.  I found a place that sold the surgical tubing 
in another city but was never able to get there when they were open.  At that 
time I worked many hours and had little time to use the boat.
 
Now my thinking is to use both a line and surgical tubing and also jib sheet to 
tiller.  The farthest I've sailed in one day was 34 NM.  Most of my sailing 
will port to port.  I use a Garmin GPS 48.  Nothing fancy but it gets the job 
done and is quite simple to use.  Simple is what I need!
 
Thanks again for your help.  Sorry I didn't answer you sooner.  I'm trying to 
get over the flu right now.
 
Fair winds
 
Bud
M15 #500     

                
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to