Dik,

Other than the overnight run off the coast of Maine, which I'm not sure
exactly how long that was, the next longest run was probably a Lake Erie
crossing which was about 40 miles over, beating some in pretty light air.
My brother and I left about eight  or so and didn't get across until just
after dark.  It was a LONG day, and was sailed without the sheet-to-tiller
to help.

I don't think I've ever sailed more than about 30 miles a day on my trips
since then and I've allowed about 20 miles per day usually.  On my North
Channel trip this past summer I averaged way less than that since I spent
quite a few days relaxing at anchor, taking walks, etc.

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of dik lang
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 4:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: best days run


In looking forward to the San Juan rendezvous this summer I was wondering 
what other M-17 s have put under their keel in a day. How far can one expect

to go in aday? any thoughts?
Dik Lang
M-17
Sweet Pea



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to