Board looks great, Bob

Glad to be of help with the pendant.  ;-)

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob Olson
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 10:17 PM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Gel Coat Matching--picture link


Here we go, a link...to my rebuilt M-15 centerboard. If anyone is 
interested in what they look like.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~bobo4u/monty_pix.html

I just scored a 1986 Honda 2hp so I didn't have time to post the 
centerboard picture before I left.

To be honest, the shot makes the board look better than it is. I'd rate 
it an 8.5 on a ten scale--not quite new-looking. But the part that I 
repaired should be better than the original--durability wise. And the 
color is a dead-on match.

I also bought a new pendant line today. If you buy the right stuff, it's 
a sinch to get the core out. The outer braid slides right up to expose 
the meaty core, which then can be cut off.

Bob Olson



[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Nada, Bob
>
>If you e-mail it directly to me, I'll be glad to post in on my page for 
>the list's enjoyment.
>
>Tod
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>m] On Behalf Of Bob Olson
>Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 6:41 PM
>To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
>Subject: Re: M_Boats: Gel Coat Matching--picture
>
>
>Third time I've tried to send this picture to the group. The list won't
>accept anything over 40k. Oh well, here's my original message...
>
>Your wish is my command...
>
>Here it is, propped up on nails so I could paint both sides at once. If
>you squint, you can see the sheen towards the back of the board. Amazing 
>how the stuff flowed out. No thinner used.
>
>And hey, I just found a Honda 2hp 4 stroke for $300. I think I must be
>livin' right.
>
>Bob Olson
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>  
>
>>pictures, Bob, pictures
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>o
>>m] On Behalf Of Bob Olson
>>Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 4:16 PM
>>To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
>>Subject: Re: M_Boats: Gel Coat Matching
>>
>>
>>Or get this...Interlux Perfection, two part polyurethane.
>>
>>http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?U+scst
>>o
>>re+zk
>>zt7270ffc9dec9+pr+ilxYHS070
>>
>>The cream color is a perfect match to the Montgomery Gelcoat. Sticks 
>>to epoxy and polyester. High sheen. Goes on with a roller. Gets you 
>>high.
>>
>>I just coated my centerboard with it. Went on smooth a silk and 
>>covered in one (thin) coat. Although, you need to watch the dust in 
>>the air.
>>
>>--Bob Olson
>>
>>M-15 #219 Sequel
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi-bin/pagegen.pl?U+scst
>>o
>>re+zk
>>zt7270ffc9dec9+pr+ilxYHS070
>>
>>Hughston, Larry wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Thanks, will do.  ---L
>>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 4:44 AM
>>>To: [email protected]
>>>Subject: Re: M_Boats: Gel Coat Matching
>>>
>>>Ask the factory to sell you a pint for touchup.
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>>
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to