Hey Craig, I used hardware grade Penetrol, as you suggested. Thanks for getting me started with it. I just gave half of what's left to a friend who was so impressed with the results that he's going to use it on an old Mercedes.
This Penetrol is the Marvel Mystery Oil of fiberglass finishes. BTW, for all that have been following this hot story, after soaking my roto-till engine with MMO for three winters, it now runs very well. I was using MMO to free a frozen ring that I was guessing caused the low compression. I didn't re-check the compression because the engine runs fine. Rick Langer M15 #337 > Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:25:28 -0400 > From: "Craig F. Honshell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Subject: M_Boats: Penetrol > To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats" > <[email protected]> > Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > > > Did you use "marine" Penetrol, or just whatever you could find at the local Lowe's, > whatever? > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Rick Langer > To: [email protected] > Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:03 AM > Subject: Penetrol > > This is an old thread, but I wanted to follow up on the advice I was given. > Yesterday I compounded my very oxidized blue hull. The results were ok but > not great. Then I put on a coat of Penetrol. The results are spectacular. > Except for the dings and scratches the blue hull looks new. I wasn't able > to wipe it off after application because it dried too quickly. Next time > I'll do smaller areas at a time. The finish I got is high gloss. > > Thanks, > > Rick Langer > M15 #337 > Hudson River _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
