Rich,
My experience with the new Hogin sails has been a little good and a
little not so good.
I had a small jib made by Bob just before he retired and have been
more than pleased with it. I decided to give the new owner, Steve
McLaughlin, a chance at making a main for my M15, mostly because the
price was way better than the corporate lofts. I towed the boat to
Alameda for a measurement and Steve took plenty of time to talk over
what I wanted and to choose the material. I was told the sail would
be ready in about three weeks. This is all good.
Not so good: It wasn't ready in three weeks. Steve told me they had
gotten really busy and it was going to take a while longer. Wondering
where my little sail had fallen on their priority list, I gave them
two more weeks as I was going out of town and wouldn't be able to
pick it up until then anyhow. It wasn't ready then either...a few
more days, he said, and apologized and told me he would ship it to me
at their expense so I could have it for the following weekend. The
sail finally arrived on the Monday after the weekend.
Good: The new main is great. Well made, a perfect fit and just what
I wanted...
Except, not so good: the M15 logo is wrong: just a black "M" made
too small. A minor thing, but I have to take it back to them to
have it corrected.
So, bottom line: good and not so good. Just my experience, and I
shall leave it at that.
Hope this helps,
George,
M15 #385
Santa Rosa
On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Richard Cottrell wrote:
Scott:
Good to see your post. Have missed your thoughtful
contributions.
I'm ready to order a new main and jib but am hesitant
to order through Hogin Sails since Bob and Margaret
are no longer there.
Any feedback on the new owners?
Rich Cottrell
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats