I use the extension on my M17 at times, & here is my procedure:
1. Run the trailer jack down & disconnect the trailer from the car (make
sure they are on flat level, or chock the trailer wheels)
2. Move the car forward 7 feet or more.
3. Extend the tongue
4. Back the car up and re-attach the trailer, now ready to launch
A lot of steps and work but the weight of my boat and trailer is
too much for me to move the trailer while still attached to the car.
A friend has a lighter boat and is able to move his trailer while
still attached to the car, eliminating a lot of work un-hooking and
re-hooking the trailer.
Probably those with M15's can do this
Hope this helps
Wayne
----- Original Message -----
From: "Seawitch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 11:09 AM
Subject: M_Boats: Trailor tongue extension
Hi all,
Now that someone has raised the subject of the trailor extension, I have
questions about the steps involved in using it. At what point in the
launch process do you extend it? Do you have to drop the trailor jack and
disconnect from the tow vehicle to extend it? Does it making backing up
more difficult? I might have used it this summer when lake levels dropped
and I found myself backing the truck further and further into the salty
water. Finally gave up going since I didn't want to ruin the truck with
all the salt getting on it. Appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Time for a cool change!
Sandra(Seawitch #617)
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats