Hi, Mark

Not a stupid question at all.  It's a matter of trade-offs.  You would in
fact get a better signal if the transducer were in direct contact with the
water; anytime there is a change of medium there will be a bit of signal
degradation.  It would only become noticeable if the readings were very deep
and not of significance for us.  Recognizing that, the fishfinder folks have
the shoot-thru-the-hull pucks which don't really have any provisions for
mounting in a thru-hull.  That helps keep the cost down and saves having a
hole in the hull.

Tod
M17 #408
BuscaBrisas <=has two cockpit drains below the waterline that I wish
weren't.

Tartan 26 #30
Pretentious <=project boat will have no thru hulls anywhere near the
waterline.



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Paxson
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: M_Boats: Re: Pirahna Max 15 installation


I'm reading a lot of ideas on mounting the transducer and forgive me if what
I am about to ask is taboo but what about drilling a small hole through the
hull to mount it outside and sealing the hole good?

I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, and hope I'm not
proven wrong.

Mark A. Paxson

-----Original Message-----
From: Norm Bundek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: Re: Pirahna Max 15 installation


Rick,

The temperature was moving around several degrees as I moved around.  I
don't know how accurate it was, but it did seem to have some sensitivity
from the time it was turned on.

Norm
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to