This may sound like heresy to some who have been around a while, but I'd
like to have an exact replica of the old Reggie Armstrong Sails that came
with the boat when it was new. Main and working jib. I managed to get the
boat up to 6 knots on a beat once with those old blown out sails. It did
fine for the first 3 or 4 years I had the boat until the mainsail ripped. I
was told they were not even fit to be drop cloths, but I still have them.

I replaced the main with a flatter cut, full batten sail, with more roach
and a high aspect 110% jib than runs all the way to the masthead. I don't
think I get as much speed out of the new sails and the boat heels more.

But lacking some miracle comeback from Old Reggie, my genny came from EP and
it's a good sail. As Bob says, they make sails for him and know what they
are doing. They get my vote too.

If you are in an area with the potential for high wind, get two reefs.
Deeply reefed, she can stand a lot.

Howard

On 11/17/05 8:04 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently ordered and bought a 150 genoa from Elliot Peterson, to fit my new
> MCI roller furling. Somewhat pricey but it turned out great. I'm totally
> satisfied. Soon I will replace the main and have them do it.
> 
> Bill K  M-17 Half Monty  (#55)
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to