You guys, wouldn't 4200 be better? It's the not-so-permanent stuff. I
think I'd check with Bob before I committed to 5200--unless you want
your bow rail permanently affixed.
Just wondering and sticking my big nose in where it doesn't belong...
Bob Olson
M-15 'Sequel'
On Dec 7, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Doug Kelch wrote:
Tom,
I removed my factory installed Bow rail in order to
re-bed it. I assume it was installed with 5200.
I bought something at West Marine called Anti-Bond
2015. Expensive stuff - 1.5 oz bottle and think it
was $8.
Sprayed it around the base pad, one at at time, let
is sit for 10 minutes and forced a putty knife
underneath the pad as far as it would go. Did this
about 15 times per pad and they finally popped off.
Once the Bow rail was removed it was easier to remove
the remains using the same Anti-bond stuff as the
surface area exposed was much bigger.
Thanks
Doug Kelch
"Sea the Day"
--- Tom Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anybody found an effective yet environmentally
benign way to remove
sealants this side of 5200? t
/)) Tom Smith & Jane VanWinkle
M15/345--Chukar
M17/496--Unnamed
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats