Man, if I were getting a factory M15, I'd DEFINATELY want those opening
ports! It's really hard to retrofit those... I've thought about it for my
M17, and it's been done after-the factory on at least one M17 that I know
of. The opening ports would add quite a bit of ventilation, though you'd
want bug screens, and that'd cut down on the breeze a bit. And they sure are
purty.

Pulpit/lifelines COULD be done later, but it'd be WAY easier to have it done
now. I have heard of one M15 owner removing the lifelines, though. I'm
assuming they got in the way. (if anybody has a set that they've removed and
would like to sell, give me a note!)

Be sure to take good care of that nice, new trailer. Wash it down after each
launch, and spray it with silicone to keep the corrosion way. Wire dryer
works good and doesn't leave it slippery, though I'm not sure how long it'll
last.

I don't know about the roller furler, but you might want to get at least a
genoa to go with the working jib. The factory electrical system/nav lights
would save you a bunch of work, though you might be able to do a better job
yourself. The Blue Sea panels are really nice (though very pricey)

Congrats on your new boat!!!

Best
BG

-- 
Brian Gilbert
Marine Media 
Author, Fix It and Sail
(423)876-9990
3404 Hartford Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37415
www.sailingsmall.com


on 12/16/05 12:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I'm am selling my Catalina 22 and planning on buying a new M-15. I
> have loved my C-22, but I want to be able to trailer easier and have the
> seaworthiness of the M-15.
> My question to all you M-owners is what kind of  factory additions
> would you recogmend getting? I like the idea of being able to customize
> my M-15 just the way I like. I just wonder what others have determined
> are nice additions. What about the bronze, opening ports?  What about
> the stern pulpit? What about a roller furler jib, anybody using one?
> 
> Thanks for any advise you guys have,
> Sands


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to