I'm with Tod on the stern pulpit. Though I can't imagine being with out a bow pulpit on my M15, a stern pulpit seems like clumsy and unnecessary. Sure, you can hang a bunch of things from it, and it's good for tiedowns, but otherwise in the way and awkward looking. I've sailed in some rough water and don't believe a stern pulpit would give me a feeling of safety. As Clarence hinted, it it's that rough, I want a harness and, when going forward, jacklines.
Bill Riker M15 - #184 Storm Petrel -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 7:12 PM To: 'For and about Montgomery Sailboats' Subject: RE: M_Boats: stern pulpits I removed the stern pulpit on my 17 because it was in the way. Not what you wanted to hear, but at least it is a 17 rather than a 15. :-) I almost removed the bow pulpit but must concede that it does have some uses, not the least of which is as a place to hook a halyard while changing sails. Was aboard both a 17 and a 23 with lifelines but found the narrowness of the side-decks meant the lifelines made it tougher going fwd. Even with wider side-decks, lifelines can pose a hinderance while docking. I just prefer good handholds and a generous toe-rail. But, that's a personal thing. Your mileage may vary. Tod -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf Of judy casino Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:37 PM To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats Subject: Re: M_Boats: stern pulpits Thanks Dan . That's good to hear . Ron and Judy --- Dan Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Judy > > I have a Montgomery 15 with the stern pulpit. It > is very useful as a backrest, mount fishing pole > etc., possible stern light mount, and due to no > lifelines makes the cockpit more secure. I have not > found that the stern pulpit is a problem when > operating an outboard motor. > Dan > > judy casino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I am considering buying a new M15 and I think a > stern > pulpit may be useful. I am concerned that it may > interfere with the operation and positioning of the > outboard. Any thoughts on this issue would be > appreciated. > Ron > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam > protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > > > > --------------------------------- > New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones > from your PC and save big. > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
